Full disclosure: for years, we’ve avoided wearing fake eyelashes after many failed attempts that ended with eyelashes going where no lash should ever go. This week, we’re finally facing our fears and learning how to apply faux lashes like a pro. We asked our Makeup Artist Stacey to guide us through the surprisingly easy steps to get voluminous, natural looking lashes that will transform you into a doe-eyed bombshell in no time.
1. Let’s start with all the tools you’ll need – clear glue (to hide any mistakes), scissors to trim the lashes, tweezers for placement, and of course, a pair of lashes.
2. Trim the inner corner of the lashes to fit your lash line, then wrap each lash around an eyeshadow brush for a few minutes while you do your makeup (we recommend a smoky eye so the lashes blend in better). This will give them a nice curve so they fit the shape of your eye, making them easier to apply.
3. Squeeze some glue onto a flat surface (or the back of your hand) and drag the first lash through it for an even coat. Apply the lash in the center of your eye, and hold for a few seconds.
4. Next, use tweezers to attach the inner and outer corners, making sure that they’re placed snugly against your lash line. Hold them in place with gentle pressure for around 30 seconds on each side.
5. Repeat on the other side (obvi). If you’re going for a more natural look, you’re finished! To make it a bit more dramatic for a night out, use an eyelash curler to press your natural lashes together with the faux lashes, then apply another coat of mascara.
6. Bat those lashes and get ready to channel your inner Brigitte Bardot.
Style-O-Rama > Lessons From The Pros > Lash Out
8 4 tumblr
COMMENTS — 2
Previous Post rachel-featured
Features And Shoots Guest Edit: A New York Minute With Le Style Child
Next Post R13349813552273904_14
Culture Shock Artsy Fartsy: Petting Zoo
Find Us On:
Find Nasty Gal Blog on Facebook
Find Nasty Gal Blog on Tumblr
Follow Nasty Gal Blog on Instagram
Follow Nasty Gal Blog on Twitter
Follow Nasty Gal Blog on Pinterest
No public Twitter messages.
© 2006-2012 NASTY GAL, all rights reserved.
Press & More
via Nasty Gal Blog.